I'm trying to blog less in 2018 to allow more time for writing fiction, so this is my first quarterly update.
I finished my second short story collection, Boomsticks, which contains 16 stories including a 40,000-word novella set within my Nephos world. Boomsticks is written, edited and formatted. Once the front cover is done then I am good to publish.
I was unsuccessful once again in my application for Room 204. Third time unlucky.
I have read...
- Age of Assassins by RJ Barker
- Exile by Rachel McLean
- The Chalk Man by CJ Tudor
- The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton
- Blood of Assassins by RJ Barker
- The Hollow Tree by James Brogden
- Terra Draconum (first draft) by Martin Sullivan
I have blogged...
I have written...
20,000 words towards Nephos 3 and lots of little bits to get Boomsticks ready for release.
Out and about
- I attended the Exile book launch which was a fun house party with great cake.
- I also attended the launch for A Spell In The Country, which was another house party with arts and crafts.
- Most Saturday mornings, I have joined author Rachel McLean for a writing session in our local coffee shop.
Dates to remember
1st March - World Book Day - we dressed my son as Julia Donaldson's Stick Man!
8th March - International Women's Day and the four-year anniversary of my debut novel The Sheriff.
20th March - International Day of Happiness
24th March - Indie Book Day
I was attempting March Novel Writing Month (MarNoWriMo) which I may have invented, but my efforts were cut short because my baby girl was born on 22nd March. I am now a father of two. LEVEL UP!