Yesterday, the group ventured offline for a series of events across the country so people could meet in person. I attended the Birmingham event at the Old Joint Stock organised by Teresa Nikolic.
It was great fun. Here are 10 things which I learnt...
1. Heide Goody is excellent at putting together goody bags, living up to her surname!
2. Never refuse a game of pass the parcel. You never know. You might win luggage tags!
3. Iain Grant introduced me to 99designs, a brilliant website for finding an illustrator at a reasonable price.
4. Janet Edwards taught me that even traditionally-published authors still find enjoyment in self-publishing.
5. Rob Sinclair explained that sometimes publishers will seek out successful self-published authors with projects that they want writing.
6. Dawn Torrens is a marketing genius and told me that book trailers on Instagram are book-selling gold!
7. Rachel McLean spoke to me about BookBub and how it can change the fortunes of your novel overnight.
8. Anthony Poulton-Smith told me about the Tamworth Literary Festival short story competition which I will certainly enter next year!
9. Justine Hart assured me that Room 204 is a valuable experience. I will keep applying every year!
10. Everyone confirmed my long-held opinion that readers, writers and book bloggers are some of the loveliest people you will ever meet.
Overall, it was a tremendous day and I hope to see everyone again soon. Christmas spin-off event?!