These were mostly successful...
1. Read and review one self-published book each month - I didn't quite reach the full 12 reviews but 10 is pretty respectable. I hope my reviews will help fellow independent authors find an audience.
2. Read another novel for pleasure each month - again, I didn't quite reach the full 12 books but I made it to 11. Coupled with the above, that is my best annual reading list for a long time. All good inspiration for my own writing.
3. Finish Nephos 3 - this definitely didn't happen! I barely wrote anything towards my third Nephos novel. I still have 100,000 words filed away. This novel has to be finished in 2018 or I'm going to loathe myself. Game face on.
4. Finish Breadcrumbs 2 - well, this almost happened. It is very nearly ready, with just a little editing left on my part, and some artwork tweaks on my illustrator's part. I'm aiming for a January 2018 release date. Most excitingly, I wrote so many short stories and novellas in 2017 that I am halfway towards completing Breadcrumbs 3!
5. Enter Room 204 - I entered Writing West Midlands' writer development programme for the second time and I was rejected for the second time. Still, they say third time's the charm, so I will be entering again in February.
Generally, I feel pretty happy with 2017. I went to some great book launches, discovered plenty of new writers, won a writing competition, and wrote a lot of fiction.
If you would like Simon to review your book then check out his Review Policy for more information. Sign up to Simon's newsletter to hear more about his reading and writing projects.